Monday 3 March 2014

Music Monday #4 ♡

Hello there readers if you're still here, I know I've not made a blogpost in what feels like a long time but there is a reason, I have mock exams coming up and I can't find the time to do a haul and because my proper exams will be coming up soon I can't really make a wishlist because by the time I can go properly shopping again the things I want may not be in existence anymore.. but I have been listening to a lot of music recently so I thought I would do a Music Monday post :)

1. Lolita - Lana Del Rey


This isn't a new song but to be honest when do I ever post new songs on here? I have been listening to this song about 50 times a day at the moment, although I feel the need to change the lyrics after having finished reading Lolita a few months ago I still really like it :)

2. Chocolate - the 1975


This song is probably as new as it gets for me. I had sort of been avoiding the 1975 for a long time because I know lots of people who like them who don't have a similar taste in music to me so I assumed I wouldn't like them even after my Philosophy teacher suggested them (and he suggests the best music) but after a Psychology lesson where people on my table were obsessing about them I thought it was time I gave them a proper listen and this was the first song I listened to and I have been listening to it lots, I like some other songs by the 1975 but at the moment this is probably my favourite.

3. Teddy picker - Arctic Monkeys


Anyone who knows me knows that I adore the Arctic Monkeys and it's very difficult for me to listen to a song by them and not like it, I've been listening to the Favourite Worst Nightmare album all week because it's been reduced to £4.99 on iTunes and I want to buy it before it goes back up but I didn't know all of the songs on it and this song has just been stuck in my head for about a week.

4. Screams in the Ears - Bill Fay


Not a new song once again but I only heard this yesterday because someone I follow on tumblr reblogged it and, rather than scrolling past songs on my dashboard like I used to, I listened to it and I really like it, the intro drew me in straight away :)

5. Brick by Brick - Arctic Monkeys


The reason I've been listening to the Suck it and See album is the same reason I'm listening to Favourite Worst Nightmare, but I'm thinking I'm going to end up downloading Favourite Worst Nightmare at the moment, anyway this song has stuck out for me on that specific album. After doing some reading up about the song, I've read that it's about cocaine? I just really love how upbeat it is and then it slows down and just goes back into the swing of things. If you like Arctic Monkeys I don't see why you wouldn't like this song.

Thanks for reading! I think I'm going to be doing a lot more of these type of posts at the moment due to revision and going out less, plus I'm giving up Primark for lent anyway (and then for as long as I can stay away from it) so there probably will be fewer hauls if any. I might do some recipe or DIY posts if anyone wants those? 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I read every single comment and it means so much that you have taken the time to comment - you my friend are pretty darn cool.