So I said in a post a while ago (I think) that I wanted to do less tags because sometimes I'll do tags everyday so now I'm going to restrict it to once a week or less, the basic idea being that I do it on a Tuesday hence the title Tag Tuesday so that my blog does have tags sometimes but so it's not just tag after tag after tag.
I was tagged in the Thankful for Blogger Friends tag by Charlotte and you can see her post here, she seems really lovely and I really enjoy reading her posts so please check her out and follow her :)
This tag is split into two parts, the first part being about blogging in general and the second part being random questions about myself. On with the show!
Blogging and I:
1. How long have you been blogging? My first post went up some time in August, maybe a week or two before my GCSE results came out. I was probably thinking I was going to fail all of my exams and I needed to do something productive haha.
2. Are there any bloggers who helped you out/encouraged you when you first started your blog? I wouldn't name anyone specifically because all of my followers seem to encourage me with kind comments.
3. What Social Media has given you the most traffic to your blog? Is there a platform that you don’t use? According to my stats on here, I get quite a lot of traffic from tumblr probably because if I write a new post I'll usually post a link on there. I sometimes post links to blogposts on twitter too, but most of my traffic comes from tumblr and other bloggers on here referring their followers to me haha. I don't really use weheartit or pinterest, I have an account on pinterest but I've not really gotten into it however every now and then I'll look at their DIY posts on there - being the Potterhead I am I'd really like to make lots of Harry Potter themed items, I am currently knitting a Gryffindor scarf with the help of my Mum.
4. How often do you post? Do you have a regular schedule? I don't really have a schedule, if my heart isn't in a post then I will most likely not post it. I usually make a post at least once a week though. I don't really think 'oh gosh I haven't posted I need to go and post something' because if I know I wouldn't read that post then I don't see the point of writing it/
5. Where do you blog? Usually from my bed haha
6. What camera do you use? What photo editing software do you use? I just use my iPhone 4s, I do want to purchase a Canon 600D but the problem is that it's expensive and I haven't quite persuaded my parents that it would be a good purchase yet however I'm hoping to get a job and hopefully I can work up enough money to buy one. I use the app 'vscocam' to edit my pictures, it's the same one I use to edit my photos for instagram but I usually use a different filter for blog photos.
7. How did you come up with your blog name? I'm absolutely terrible at coming up with usernames or URLs (I've changed my tumblr URL many times) so it took a couple of changes to get this one. I was just thinking of those flower crowns you can get and how people sometimes make daisychain crowns, and princesses wear crowns right? I was actually wanting to change my blog URL - thoughts?
8. Do you do any regular “series” posts on your blog? I do Music Monday but that's not exactly regular, that's more of something I do once a month and I've only done it a couple of times. This is my only 'series' type thing, I don't know if Tag Tuesday will take off, I just want to stop clogging up my blog with tags because I do them far too often haha.
9. What draws you to a blog? A nice layout and posts that I know I'm going to read, I'm always drawn to blogs that have a lot of Primark hauls.
10. What turns you off of a blog? Not having the option to follow via GFC, and if I know that the blog isn't my style. It's all well and good that you can get away with outfits like those but it's not me and I wish you all the best but.. well I'd rather follow a blog that I can read pretty much all of the posts and be interested in them.
11. How many blogs do you subscribe to? Are they all beauty related? I read a lot of blogs so I'm not going to say how many I follow, they're not all beauty related. Most are fashion and beauty, but I follow one or two recipe blogs and I quite like personal blogs too.
12. When do you generally read blogs? In the evening or afternoon with a herbal tea
13. What is your favorite/least favourite type of post, and why? My favourite posts are primark hauls because I love primark but I prefer going when I know what type of things are in stock so I can sort of plan how much I'll want to spend. I don't much like reading nails of the day posts because I'm not much of a nail polish person and the nail polish people are wearing doesn't interest me very much.
Some facts about me:
1. Where do you live? Tell us a bit about your city! I live in North West London under an hour away from the centre. It's a nice area because there are open green spaces but also lots of options for shopping.
2. What about your home? I think my house was built over 50 years ago. The man who built it built most of the houses on my road but built my house for himself so originally the plot took up the size of two or three houses but then he sold off the land.
3. Single or taken? Single haha
4. Do you have children? No no
5. Do you have pets? No, I once had a fish but she died. When I picked her out in the store she was swimming away from all the other fish so I thought she needed a friend, my parents didn't tell me she was clearly the sickest one in the tank, then she didn't eat anything and a few months later she died..
6. Do you have a “day job”? Unless fangirling over fictional characters counts as having a day job, no no I don't
7. How tall are you? I'm 168cm which is just under 5"7
8. Do you have siblings? Yes, I have a younger brother and two older half sisters.
9. 3 words to describe yourself. Sarcastic, obsessive, enigmatic
10. Who is your style icon, and why? I don't really have a style icon, but I quite like the way Molly Ringwald dressed in the 80s haha
11. 3 favorite bands or musicians. The Beatles, The Smiths, and then for my third it comes between Ben Folds Five and Arctic Monkeys and I can't really make that decisions so have four favourites haha
12. 3 favorite movies. Talk about a hard question.. Back to the future, Bridget Jones' Diary and Pretty in Pink but I feel like this changes all the time depending on the mood I'm in
13. 3 favorite books. John, any of the Harry Potter books.. (does that count as one? I'm counting it as one), and Little Women
14. 3 random/weird facts about you.
- I have never ordered anything from Starbucks
- I love Hugh Grant films even though I find rom-coms really cheesy, he has such charm I don't know
- I was sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore (if you want to add me, you can do so here)
I quite enjoyed doing this tag, and I hope this was a good start to my new series - Tag Tuesday. I've not exactly made it a series to keep you my followers excited for every Tuesday because I'll upload a tag, but more so I don't post lots of tags and I can restrict it a little bit. I will try and do more varied tags that aren't so focused on beauty and fashion too, thanks for reading :)
I tag all of you to this because I consider you all to be my blogging buddies, please post links to your answers to these questions because I love to read them!!