Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Reading Challenge ♡

Happy New Year people on the interwebs!


I know many of you have probably been making new years resolutions (or completely poo-poo-ing the idea) but I have sort of made a resolution myself for the first time I think. I can't remember any other resolutions I've made, perhaps I made them and failed so decided to block it out from my memory.

Anyway, I've set myself a reading goal on the website Goodreads for 2014. My goal is to read 15 books this year, that might not sound a lot to you but I haven't done much reading since GCSEs and now A levels. 7 of those books will be Harry Potter because after going to the studio tour I feel I need to read it again, also I've been physically unable to watch the films after having a movie marathon after the tour - I am emotionally broken, I can barely watch clips without dying internally. I'm also wanting to read the Bell Jar which I received for Christmas, I'm hoping to read a lot more this year. If you want to add me on Goodreads, you can do so here. I'll accept anyone as a friend on there. It's a cool but geeky website I suppose, you can rate books, add books to your 'to-read' list, add favourites, write reviews, do quizzes, and there are forums so you can discuss the books - I took some enjoyment in discussing a Jaqueline Wilson book from my childhood on there.

That's all for now, I was thinking of doing book reviews on here too but I'm not sure. If that's what you'd like to see then please comment, thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll be reading plenty of books in college this semester, but I definitely want to read more as well! I adore your blog! I would love to nominate you for the Liebster Award. I will leave the link below. I followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, and I would love a follow back! I can’t wait to read your responses.

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your challenge! I had to read the books after going to the HP studio tour too <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been so motivated to re-read the Harry Potter books that I've managed to finish the first 2 in under two days haha, it feels so magical to re-read them :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read every single comment and it means so much that you have taken the time to comment - you my friend are pretty darn cool.