Monday 27 January 2014

Recipe // Sticky Chocolate Wonka Brownies (courtesy of Isabella) ♡

Hello there! Me and Isabella made brownies over the weekend and I thought I'd post the recipe because they came out really well, this is Isabella's recipe not mine but we added Wonka bar to the original recipe, I'm not sure if she made it up or found it somewhere else but  I also like making recipe posts and I'd like to do more so if that's something you'd like please comment :)

What you'll need:

  • 100g unsalted butter
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 75g dark sugar
  • 150g milk chocolate
  • 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of chocolate/vanilla flavouring
  • 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 bar of Wonka Millionaire Shortbread 
Instructions:

1. lightly grease a 20cm/5 inch shallow square cake tin

2. place butter, sugar, chocolate and syrup in a sauce pan. Heat gently, stirring until the mixture is blended and smooth

3. leave to cool, beat together eggs and vanilla, whisk in chocolate mixture

4. sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and fold carefully into the egg and chocolate mixture, use metal spoon or spatula. Put in tin, add broken up squares of Wonka bar and any extra milk chocolate you may have, and cook for 25 minutes until edges shrink away from tin, leave to cool (it should be quite gooey so don't put it in for longer if it's gooey), cut up and eat :)





These were basically the best brownies I have ever had in my lifetime, I'll definitely be making them again. I thought brownies were good shopbought, I had never made them before but they are so much  better homemade, imagine chewey on the outside and gooey on the inside and there you have it. Hope you liked reading this and attempt this yourselves, please leave a comment if you'd like to see more recipe posts :)


3 comments:

  1. Omg these brownies look amazing! I will be making these soon:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they honestly were, hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read every single comment and it means so much that you have taken the time to comment - you my friend are pretty darn cool.